There could be a harmful gas polluting the air you breathe at home. You can’t see it, you can’t smell it, and chances are you don’t even know that you and your family are already exposed to it.
Radon is a toxic gas lurking silently inside American homes. It is one of the top causes of lung cancer, which is why it is important to get your home tested.
The Intruder that Creeps Silently
When uranium is present in water, dirt and rocks starts to disintegrate, and the gas forms in the soil under the house. Home inspection experts from AeroliteGroup.com say that radon can seep into your home through gaps in the walls and floors, or fireplaces and furnaces. It could also enter through the small areas around the pipes. Air vents may also be passageways for the dangerous gas.
The Killer You Can’t See
When the dangerous gas combines with the air flowing through the home or gets into the water supply, the likelihood of developing serious diseases becomes a possibility. A major health problem you may develop from radon exposure is lung cancer. Inhaling the gas would allow toxic elements to cause damage in the cells that line the lungs.
Scientists also found that people who live in homes that contain radon are at risk for deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, like emphysema and chronic bronchitis. More research is being done to observe how radon exposure can affect the risk for leukemia as well.
Combat with the Culprit
It’s difficult to find out if your home has a radon problem. The best thing to do is test your home. Although there are do-it-yourself radon test kits you can buy, it is still recommended to have professionals inspect your house. With their expertise, you’ll be able to ensure that your home is thoroughly safe from the toxic gas.
You may use the soil suction reduction system to keep your home free from the dangerous gases. The system pulls gases from under the house and releases it outside. Repair foundational cracks in your home to ensure system effectiveness.
Radon is a toxic gas silently lurking inside most homes. The best solution for this silent killer is to get your home tested. Call experts and ensure the health and safety of your family.